Natures Tears® EyeMist® - SHARON KLEYNE WEIGHS IN ON DRY EYE & LASIK RECOVERY
SHARON KLEYNE WEIGHS IN ON DRY EYE & LASIK RECOVERY
Water Educator Kleyne Urges Dry Eye Precaution for LASIK Procedure
Sharon Kleyne Supplements Dry Eye for Improved LASIK Recovery
Sharon Kleyne, America's top water lifestyle educator, researcher and advocate wants people to know that a condition known as "LASIK dry eye" has become a fairly common side effect that can cause, in some individuals, extreme eye discomfort. However, with wise pre-operative and post-operative precautions, Kleyne insists that the risk and severity of LASIK dry eye during LASIK recovery may be reduced.
As many now know, LASIK surgery (laser-assisted in-situ keratomileusis) is a popular refractive procedure offering improved eyesight to millions of vision-challenged people. Patient satisfaction for LASIK surgery hovers between 92-98 percent, which is testimony to the success of the procedure. Even the risk of infection is greater from wearing contact lenses than from complications during a LASIK procedure.
However, Kleyne wants you to know that the incidence of post-LASIK dry eye in the six months following surgery is a whopping 36%. Untreated dry eye symptoms, caused by a loss of natural water in the eye's protective tear film covering (the tear film should contain 99% water) can compromise or diminish LASIK surgery outcomes. In a small percentage of patients, post-LASIK dry eye is so severe it becomes permanent and untreatable, condemning patients to lives of chronic pain and eyesight impairment.
The good news according to Kleyne, whose research and new water technology discoveries at the research center she founded, Bio-Logic Aqua® Research Water Life Science®, have garnered international recognition for her as the global expert on dehydration of the eyes and skin due to excessive evaporation of the body's water vapor, is that several pre-operative and post-operative precautions may prevent or reduce the risk and severity of LASIK dry eye, thus enhancing the LASIK recovery process. These precautions include:
Benefits of eye misting.
- At least three months in advance of the procedure, the pre-operative exam should include evaluation for slight, chronic and/or severe dry eye. If dry eye is present, the LASIK procedure should be delayed until the patient is free of all dry eye symptoms.
- Regardless of whether or not dry eye is diagnosed (your eyes always need to be supplemented several times a day with tissue culture grade water), follow the program described below, on a daily basis, to improve natural tear film water and alleviate dry eye symptoms. Begin the program at least three months prior to surgery. LASIK recovery will be more successful if eyes are healthy at the time of surgery.
- Daily program to improve natural tear film water content and alleviate dry eye symptoms.
- Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water a day.
- Reduce stress and get sufficient sleep and exercise.
- Keep weight under control (a lean person's body is about 70% water while an obese person's body can be as low as 40% water).
- Avoid prolonged or repeated exposure to high-risk dry eye conditions (wind, sand storms, air pollution, forced-air heating and cooling, insulated walls and windows, low humidity, stagnant air, smoke, chemical fumes, extended computer and television use, eye allergies, eye strain).
- Increase intake of "eye foods" (dark green leafy vegetables, omega-3 fatty acids and carrots).
- Take frequent hot showers (with lots of steam) and long, luxuriant baths.
- Supplement loss of water vapor due to evaporation by misting eyes several times daily with an all-natural, hand-held eye mist (Nature's Tears® EyeMist®)-the only product of its kind on the global market..
- Refractive eye surgeons recommend that patients not wear soft contact lenses 15 to 21 days prior to surgery and that they discontinue wearing hard contact lenses six weeks prior to surgery. For hard contact lenses, add six more weeks of discontinuance for every three years you have worn the lenses.
- Maintain the natural tear film water enhancement and anti-dry eye program, including regular application of Nature's Tears® EyeMist® for at least six months following surgery. If you maintain the program forever, your eyes will be more likely to remain healthy, comfortable and properly supplemented.
Kleyne says everyone who goes through a LASIK procedure will realize a healthy outcome if they follow these precautions and use Nature's Tears® EyeMist®. "This is all part of learning how to create a new, healthy Water Life Science® lifestyle," said Kleyne. Kleyne encouraged people to visit www.biologicaqua.com/ for more information about this new water technology and water lifestyle.