* Red eye (capillary inflammation of the eye's white fibrous tissue, or sclera) is an early symptom of dry eye syndrome. Dry eye syndrome is a disease of dehydration and inflammation that includes the capillaries of the sclera. Earliest symptoms are transitory blurred vision and fatigue, followed by red eye and a burning or grainy sensation.
* Dry eye occurs when there is insufficient water (moisture) in the protective tear film covering the eyes' exposed portions. Tear film dehydration can be caused by insufficient tear production, poor tear film quality that exposes the tears to evaporation, or environmental factors that also increase evaporation. These are rarely mutually exclusive.
* No matter what the cause, the result is insufficient water in the tear film's middle (aqueous) layer. This produces an over-concentration of electrolytes and the production of inflammatory hormones. Reduced moisture content increases susceptibility to allergies and bacteria, resulting in itching, watery and red eyes.
* Dry eye and red eye are often associated with dry air, air pollutants such as smoke, indoor air, excessive heat or cold, numerous dehydration diseases, medications, wind, low humidity, computer use, airline travel, strenuous activities, fatigue, stress, allergies and much more.
* Sharon Kleyne, Founder of Bio-Logic Aqua Research and internationally syndicated radio talk show host with World Talk Radio (Sharon Kleyne Hour - Power of Water®), was recently awarded a United States patent on an all-natural eye mist product for red eyes, dry eyes and allergy eyes. The dry eye application is Nature's Tears® EyeMist®, the only all-natural, non-eye drop product for dry eye and red eye.
* Nature's Tears EyeMist is 100% water and 100% all-natural. No other product for dry eye or red eye is as natural, pure or biocompatible with the human eye and tear film. Nature's Tears EyeMist is not an eye drop and does not flood the tear film when applied.
* Nature's Tears EyeMist contains 100% all-natural Bio-Logic Aqua tissue culture grade water. Unlike eye drops, the mist contains no saline, chemicals or formulated compounds. Nature's Tears EyeMist is completely safe, healthy and non-allergenic.
* The remedy for dry eyes, red eyes and allergy eyes has always been formulated eye drops. Eye drops can benefit dry eye and red eye by helping to seal in natural tear film water content. However, eye drops also flood and disrupt the natural tear film structure, increasing the potential for tear film water loss through evaporation. "Redness relievers" for red eye may contain decongestants and antihistamines, which are also dehydrating.* Sharon Kleyne's research has led to numerous red eye and dry eye discoveries:
* Sharon Kleyne was awarded a United States patent on the technology of applying an all-natural, 100% safe water eye mist to penetrate, hydrate and moisturize the natural tear film to soothe dry eyes and red eyes, and supplement tear film moisture, without eye drops. Unlike eye drops, the mist also hydrates dry eyelids, a key factor in dry eye and red eye.
* Sharon Kleyne's all-water, all-natural discoveries for dry eye, red eye and eye allergies are endorsed by universities, doctors and scientists worldwide for their innovative approach to natural eye hydration.